Tuesday, January 09, 2007

No love for the Gators?

After a long, long night of reveling in the glory of the Gators' miraculous win against Ohio State, I opened my Web browser and was a little troubled.

I am long-time CNN watcher for my news. I have their Web site as my homepage so I can browse the day's headlines before whatever surfing (or shameless Facebooking) that I do. But that may change real soon.

This morning amid their "Latest News" links I found out that Hilary Swank officially confirmed a rumored relationship. So glad she clarified that. I read that celeb socialite Paris Hilton pleaded not guilty to her DUI charge. Thank goodness that's settled. And in case you follow celebrity real estate, you may be interested that Suzanne Somers' Malibu house won't be going on the market any time soon. It caught on fire yesterday.

These three stories were not categorized among the headlines and were listed among stories about terrorism, politicians and international conflict; stories that undoubtedly belonged where they were.

Granted not everyone in this country is concerned with which university's football team reigns at the top for the year, but surely the outcome of the National Championship college football game ranks higher on the news priority list than Hilary Swank's newest love affair! Am I alone in my feelings on this? If CNN was a newspaper, would front-page photos of Chris Leak hoisting that beautiful crystal football be replaced with pictures of Paris Hilton? Seems like CNN could be the next big celebrity tabloid.

No comments: