Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Herald work

Just a quickie to share two other slideshows I've done for the Herald. The first is from a memorial day monument dedication ceremony in Alachua back in May. I used Windows Movie Maker and a licensed song from a Grammy-award-winning gospel singer that my editor picked out.

After using Soundslides, I prefer it much more over WMM (which doesn't lend itself well to journalism purposes), but being at a small weekly paper out in the boondocks of northern Florida, internet connections and lack of Flash capabilities made it easier to just make a .wmv.

Alas, my most recent story is indeed a Soundslide (my most journalistic yet I think!) of a historical marker unveiling in Bland, Fla. I've racked up a nice amount of clips too, all of which can be found with a simple search for "Mallory" in the High Springs Herald archives. I'm nice and busy, but summer's almost over. Can you believe it?

1 comment:

Candids by Courtney said...

I'm just impressed that most of your postings aren't at weird god awful hours in the morning!

Love you! can't wait to see you on Sunday. I passed on your resume/website to a friend who needs a site built for her husband's business!!!