Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Want awesome pictures of your kids?

This might seem a bit off topic but it is 100% relevant to the skills I'm learning to use in journalism. I promise.
My sister Courtney is launching her children and family photography business, Candids by Courtney. If you live in the tri-county area in South Florida and would love some amazing candid shots of your kids running around and having fun, go here now! She's really found a knack for this, as you can see by the photos on her Web site. She is also keeping a blog. Snag her services before she gets booked up! She's that good!

And that's where the relevance comes in. Her new 100% Flash site was designed by, you guessed it, yours truly! For my first all-Flash site, I'm really pleased with it. But there are a few things I still would like to learn.

Anyone know how to make a Flash photo gallery with scrolling thumbnails? Good tutorials out there? I've been browsing around and all I can find are pay-for software that will build one for you. Not what I want. Especially for a site dealing with basically all photos, I want it to look crisp and professional.

As far as design goes, it's about as basic as you can get. I wanted to keep it simple for my first time, and focus more on working buttons and links, etc. So far everything works!

1 comment:

GLC said...

I WAS ON THE WEBSITE. YOUR SISTER IS VERY TALENTED, AND SO ARE YOU. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.